Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Downtime

Summer is zipping past with alarming speed, and I’ve been so insanely busy I feel like I have been missing it. It’s time to put on the brakes, kick back and enjoy the moment, before the moment fades back into grey weather and endless rain for yet another year.


All work and no play makes Susan a cranky sort of lady, and nobody wants that. And so I have grand plans for this coming weekend: I’m not going to plan much of anything.  I have done something the opposite of planning, I’ve made a list of things I will not be doing.  I will not be writing anything new. No contest entries, no novels, nothing. I will not be editing anything I have already written, not a tweak or a typo correction. I will take the weekend off from promoting my books, and apart from checking email I am going to stay as far away from my computer keyboard as I can. The computer is inside, the sunshine is outside and these two things are incompatible. (At least for this weekend)

What I will be doing will involve some of my favourite foods, liberally sprinkled around friends, laughter, and hopefully a great deal of time spent doing nothing at all. The world at large has had enough of my attentions for a bit, it’s time to focus on what’s really important: friends, family, and the joys of just being happy.

I’ll see you back here after my mini vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment