Thursday, September 27, 2012

The power of one little word.

Words have power. We all know this is true. If words didn't have any impact we'd likely be living in a world where mimes were our heralds and interpretive dance our main source of news, weather and sports.
This morning I learned about the power of a single word. "Free."   The results were rather impressive.

I put my self-published, paranormal romance "Alistair's Bed" up for promotion on Amazon for two days, meaning it was free to anyone who wanted to click the buy button. I wasn't at all sure what to expect, but I never imagined that I'd wind up giving away over a thousand copies. To put it mildly, I'm thrilled.

It's too soon to tell if this will actually impact sales of that or my other books, but it was fun watching the numbers tick up over the last two days.So, if you were one of the folks who picked up a free copy of my book. Thank you. I hope you enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment