Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall flavors and a busy Monday

I spent my Sunday as far away from my computer as I could get, and as a result I managed to get a fair amount of "reality" accomplished.


Fall's the time of slow cooked stews and savory cooking, at least in my house. Yesterday I made a delicious chicken, vegetable and barley stew that took 8 hours to meld together into soupy perfection. A also made my infamous caramel chocolate chunk brownies, and spent a happy night nibbling on those while scaring myself spitless watching the season 3 premiere of The Walking Dead.  All in all, it was a very good evening.

The house got tidied, the recycling sorted, the laundry was done (if not folded) and my house was once more a home instead of a work list in progress.

Today I am happily back at the writing gig. My cover questionnaire came in this morning so I'm writing up blurbs of varying lengths and describing characters for the artist to depict. I've got ARC's to disseminate, a new WIP to start, and of course, an actual day job I need to keep up with. It's been a busy day so far, but as Monday's go, not bad at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment