Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Release day is here! Musing on being an author

Today is the day I get to tick off a very big item on my bucket list. I became an officially published author. To say it's a milestone day would be something of an understatement.

I have always been a writer. Well not always. But certainly from the time I grasped the concept that words put together in the right order could create adventures and tell stories of places both real and imaginary.

 I was an avid reader, and there were always snippets of stories dancing around my head. Some made it to paper, some didn't. But my muse found me at an early age and never let go. It just took a major change in my life to give me the courage to actually let people read my writing.

Oddly enough, I didn't start my actual writing career writing fiction, instead I found a group of supportive, crazy writers over at Cracked.com. If your curious, click here and you can see where I got my start, writing humorous lists and researching things I can never unsee. I'm grateful to that goup of lunatics. They taught me so much, and gave me the courage to try my hand at fiction writing., The result of that encouragement went live on Siren-bookstrand today. (insert stunned look here)

I have now got three books published. Two self pubbed and one "official" with more on the way. If I never write another word, no one will ever be able to take that accomplishment away from me. It's an untakebackable thing.  (Yes, that's a word now. I'm a writer, inventing words is part of the job description)

So I did it. And I hope that I will be able to keep doing this for a very long time. But there's something about the first time for anything truly special. I just wanted to remember what this day felt like, and to share it with all of you. Most of all, I wanted to say thank you. Because if you're reading this, then the odds are you've either read my work or are a friend. And either way, you're the reason I got to have this moment.

Thanks.

Oh yes, and if you're feeling generous, please buy my book!  *grins*   Whispers in the Dark 

No comments:

Post a Comment