Monday, January 7, 2013

A dating conundrum

The year is new, the page is fresh, and my last underwhelming dating experience is far enough in the past that I've found myself pondering another paddle around the dating pool. Yes, yes I know, I should have learned my lesson by now and just bought more cats, but apparently hope springs eternal.




To say I've not had the best luck when it comes to dating would be like saying tsunamis tend to make things damp, a minor understatement. I should probably just assign a stranger to become my designated date picker, they'd likely have more luck. (If anyone wants to volunteer for this job, drop me an email.)

So now I sit here early in the new year, with Valentine's Day looming large on the horizon, wondering if I dare to try again. Remember Romancing the Stone with Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas? A hopefully romantic romance writer living with her cat. Yeah, that's me, only without Kathleen's amazing legs working in my favour.

Some of my fellow Siren authors have helpfully suggested I move out to their various necks of various woods, where single men roam in herds, just waiting to be roped and branded. Sadly most of them live in a different country, making a scouting trip expensive and a full on transfer damned near impossible without a green card. A pity, I'd really like to see what free roaming bachelors look like in their natural habitat.

 I'm still pondering whether or not I am going to rejoin the dating game, but for now I need to get back to work writing stories about fantasy men. If I can't have the real thing, at least I can invent them for someone else's entertainment. (and yes, my own as well.)




No comments:

Post a Comment