Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Works in progress




This week almost all the projects I’ve been juggling are up in the air at the same time, which means for the moment I’ve got a light schedule but any minute now I expect all hell to break loose. If you've been wondering what I've been up to (and why there haven't been many blog posts)  the answer is below:

Riptide (my first ménage) will be out April 11th and I’m waiting with bated breath for both my cover proof and my final edits. When the cover arrives, I promise to post it ASAP.

Book #4 in the Paladin Protection Agency will be Dirk’s story. I’ve started working on Dirk’s Duty and I’ll confess I’m more than a little I love with Dirk already.

I have another (super secret)  project I’m working on, and hopefully I’ll be able to tell you more about it soon!

And finally, I’m currently working on Eternal Bonds (working title.)  It’s a vampire ménage that I hope to have polished and submitted by the end of the month.

While I’m waiting for the chaos to rain down, I thought I’d give you a sneak peak at Eternal Bonds.  (be kind, this is completely unedited) 



* * * *

“Tabitha? Tabi, You need to move slowly.”  A familiar voice drew her attention and she turned her head to find  Duncan Masterson, ER doctor and apparently part-time kidnapper, standing a few feet away, watching her with concern. 

“You!”  Tabi ignored Duncan’s instructions and moved as fast as she could, so quickly in fact that she was halfway out of bed before she noticed she wasn’t wearing any clothes. With a cry of shock she dove back under the covers again and hid, her neck burning and her head spinning from her sudden exertions. “You just stay away from me, you freak!  Stay away, give me back my clothes and let me out of here! Right now!”

“Tabi, calm down. You were attacked. I brought you to my house to take care of you.” Duncan raised his hands, trying to placate her.

“Calm down? No, I will not calm down. I’m naked! Some freak attacked me in the parking lot, cut my neck, and now I’m naked at your house. What part of that is supposed to inspire a sense of tranquility?”

“I see our guest is awake,” a new voice drawled and Tabi turned towards the sound.  Standing in the doorway was the biggest stereotype of a Texas rancher she had ever seen. He was huge, standing well over six feet tall, with short, red-blond hair that would have been curly if it were just a little longer. His face was dusted with freckles, his gray-green eyes were full of laughter, and all that was missing was for him to be chewing on a stalk of hay. “Who the hell are you?” she demanded as she reined in her hormones, which were busy making all sorts of calculations about what he looked like under the form fitting sweater and blue jeans he was wearing. “And where are my clothes!”

“I thought you said she was a quiet, mousy little thing, boss. You sure this is her?”
“Shut up, Jared. You’re not helping matters.”

“Mousy?”  Tabi looked back at Duncan, still smarting from the insult.  “You tell people I’m mousy?!  I’m not mousy, I’m professional!  And why are you talking about me at all, Dr. Masterson? Didn’t your mother teach you that if you can’t say anything nice about someone you shouldn’t say anything at all? And here I thought you were always such a gentleman!”

No comments:

Post a Comment