Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Siobhan Muir: Interview with a Dragon



Siobhan invited me to meet with Jonarrion, the sexy hero of her new erotic romance, Not a Dragon's Standard Virgin. So take a seat, grab a mug of mead and listen in as Jonarrion talks about our interview. Believe me, that accent is as delicious as you imagine it is.

* * * *

Jonarrion topped off his pint of mead and carried it to the plank table in his brother’s great
hall. Setharrion cradled his own flagon as he reclined with his feet resting on the ottoman near
the fire.
“Is Isabelle abed, then?”
“Aye, she’s tired from studying all day.” Jonarrion settled his rump on a matching wing-
backed chair. “You drive her hard, brother.”
Seth nodded. “Aye, and she’s learning faster than you ever did, with your thick, stubborn
head. Where were you today?”
Jon chuckled. “Siobhan asked me to visit with another author in order promote, her words,
our story. I thought she was out of her mind.”
“Oh? I thought Siobhan fairly level-headed.” Setharrion offered a crooked smile. “Although
I’ve heard her tossing around ideas for my own story.”
Jon laughed. “Watch out, brother. You never know what the crafty woman has in mind for
you.”
Seth shook his head with a sad smile. “Elyiandra was my mate. I don’t see myself finding
another.” He waved the sadness away. “But come, tell me about this other author you spoke
with. What did she want to know?”
“She certainly had some peculiar questions for me.”
“Such as?”
“She wished to know my favorite sexual position.”
Setharrion blinked. “What?”
“Aye, I do believe sexual mores have changed since we were young.”
“To be sure.” Seth grinned. “What did you tell her?”
“That a gentleman never gives away all his secrets, but it has to do with making sure my lady
is fully satisfied several times before I take my own pleasure.”
“Good answer, brother.” Seth nodded. “Surely you didn’t just talk about your prowess in
bed.”
“No, she seemed uncommonly knowledgeable about our people.” Jon stared at the fire, aware
of his brother’s shoulders when they tensed. “She asked if I could fly in my dragon form.”
“Bloody hell.”
“Fear not, Seth. I made a joke of it and told her any dragon worth his hoard could fly.”
“Did she ask aught else?” Seth remained tense.
Jon didn’t want to reveal everything, but he owed his brother the truth. “She wished to
know why I chose to hunt demons given how dangerous it is, and which type of demon is the
most difficult to kill.”
Seth rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “I’d been meaning to ask you similar questions. Perhaps
you’d enlighten me.”
Old recriminations and chagrin burned in Jon’s gut. “A demon killed your mate, Setharrion,
and it was because of my own stupidity. If I hadn’t been so feckin’ randy, Elyiandra would still
be here with us.” Tears still stung his throat. “I swore I’d hunt all the bastards down until my
family and the Goddess forgave me for my arrogance and stupidity.”
“Aw, brother, surely you know it’s your own forgiveness you needed. I never blamed you. Nor,
I wager, did the Goddess.”
“I know it now, but it took Isabelle to show me.”
“So what kind of demon is hardest to kill?”
“I don’t really know all the types of demons. Each one has different weaknesses and
strengths. The first beast I killed had eight legs and lurked in a vast tunnel network full of sticky
webbing. It took dragonfyre to clear it out enough to fight. The bloody thing liked to ambush
from the connecting tunnels. I had to stay in my human form to fight it, but its weakness was its
eyesight and hearing. It depended on the webbing to tell it where things were. Once I burned the
nasty stuff out, it was effectively deaf and blind.”
Jonarrion shrugged and rubbed the scar beneath his kilt. “Bloody thing was quick, though.
I’ll give it that.”
“Lucky for Isabelle, not quick enough.” Seth raised his flagon. “What do you think your lady
sees in you?”
“No idea.” Jonarrion shook his head as they clacked mugs. “But whatever it is, I’m damn
happy she does. Bloody humans haven’t a clue how to treat a woman.”
“Lucky for you.”
“Aye, that’s damn true.” Jon drained his mug. “On that note, I think I’ll get luckier tonight.
Good night, brother.” He rose.
“Good night, Jonarrion.”
Jon left the hall, headed for his quarters with Isabelle, but he still ached for his brother’s loss.
Ah well, Siobhan is on it. Goddess knows she’s determined to give everyone their redemption
and happiness. Jon smiled as he reached his bedroom door. Thank the Goddess for that.


* *  Here's your chance to talk with a sexy dragon shapeshifter! What question would you like to ask Jonarrion or Setharrion? Both will be dropping by the comments section to answer your questions. * *


* * * *


BUY LINKS:

BLURB:
Sacrificial virgins are so sixteenth century, but unless Isabelle finds a man to take her innocence, she’ll likely be next.

For Isabelle Andersen, being a virgin in a dragon-plagued Scottish village is dangerous. Potentially the next dragon sacrifice, Isabelle’s only solution is to lose her innocence, and fast. All she needs is one handsome stranger she can coax into bed, but Lochmore Cott doesn’t get much in the way of visitors.

Jonarrion Swiftwind has sworn off virgins. The last time he took one to his bed, his family paid the price for his lust at the hands of her demon-possessed father. He’s made it his mission to destroy all demons. Nothing distracts him from killing this demon until lovely Isabelle offers him tea. And her virginity.

Just one night of passion makes Jon realize he doesn’t want to let the independent beauty go. But will Isabelle accept him when she discovers the only real dragon in her village… is him?


BIO:
Siobhan Muir lives in Las Vegas, Nevada, with her husband, two daughters, and a vegetarian cat she swears is a shape-shifter, though he's never shifted when she can see him. When not writing, she can be found looking down a microscope at fossil fox teeth, pursuing her other love, paleontology. An avid reader of science fiction/fantasy, her husband gave her a paranormal romance for Christmas one year, and she was hooked for good.

In previous lives, Siobhan has been an actor at the Colorado Renaissance Festival, a field geologist in the Aleutian Islands, and restored inter-planetary imagery at the USGS. She’s hiked to the top of Mount St. Helens and to the bottom of Meteor Crater.

Siobhan writes kick-ass adventure with hot sex for men and women to enjoy. She believes in happily ever after, redemption, and communication, all of which you will find in her paranormal romance stories.

Siobhan’s recent release, Not a Dragon’s Standard Virgin, is from Siren Publishing, and she has published Queen Bitch of the Callowwood Pack through Siren, and Her Devoted Vampire through Evernight Publishing. She also has a free read out entitled A Hell Hound’s Fire introducing her new Cloudburst, Colorado series.


SIOBHAN'S LINKS (for easy stalking!)





5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting Jonarrion, Susan. I truly appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure Siobhan! I'm going to be enjoying this story tonight. Congrats on your new release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I truly hope you enjoy it, Susan. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I learned some new stuff about Jon's history. I didn't know he had a brother! So who's older? And wiser? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon: Setharrion is older. He inherited the estate from our father. As for wiser, I'm not convinced o' that. But he at least keeps the larder stocked. *chuckle*

      Delete