Monday, October 7, 2013

Counting the days...

With any luck, this will be the view I get....


I am counting down the days until I am off on a real, honest to goodness, leaving the city and even the country to go lounge around a pool, vacation.

So what, you may be thinking. Why does such a mundane matter get a blog post all its own? People go on vacations all the time. Well yes, they do. But this person  *waves* hasn't had an actual vacation in ten years. I'm special that way. To celebrate the one year anniversary of Whispers in the Dark  being published, I'm going to leave both my day job and my writing job behind for a few days, kick back and relax.

Where am I going? I am packing my bags, grabbing my passport and running away to Las Vegas. I'm not going alone either, a small group of my fellow smut writers from Siren will be coming too, so we can all put faces to names while drinking copious amounts of booze and seeing what trouble a group of erotic romance writers can get up to in a place nicknamed "Sin City."  What could possibly go wrong with this plan?

I have a few weeks left, but the "what the hell am I packing" stage has already begun. What am I wearing, where are we going? What do I put in the hangover remedy kit? These are the questions that plague me right now. It's possible I'm over preparing, but given the fact I haven't had four consecutive days off in a decade, I'm understandably excited about this little jaunt.

Before I go though, I need to get over my cold and back to work. Summoned and Stolen is shaping up for a November release, and Siren has Windswept, Kismet Cove Two slotted for November 27th. I have a lot to do before I can flee the country.

If you have any thoughts on "must see" spots in Vegas, packing tips or if you know the world's best hangover cure, please drop me a line in the comments.








1 comment: