Monday, January 20, 2014

Some days the dragon wins. Some weekends, too.

My weekend summed up - Headless Chicken.
My focus is brocus. Or broken, if you're going to get all technical and expect me to use words that actually exist in the English language. I had big plans for this weekend. Word count goals, house cleaning strategies, meal preparation. I accomplished a mere fraction of it. On the upside, I'm caught up on a number of my television shows, and have freed a substantial chunk of memory on my PVR.

My muse was being a temperamental snot, my characters were in rebellion, and I seemed to have been plagued by a bevy of boggarts that were doing their best to provoke me. I dropped things, stubbed bits of my anatomy, had electronic malfunctions and even managed to wear the contents of a Tupperware container that I fished out of the back of the fridge. I don't know what it was when it went in there, but what came out was a primordial, orange ooze with green swirls of god only knows what. I had to decontaminate myself, my clothes, and the kitchen floor after that  toxic spill.

I have never been so happy to see a Monday morning.

Now I am back at work and all is well. My desk is cleared, coffee is in hand, and I'm about to see if I can track down my wayward muse and get 3013: Renegade back on track. Wish me luck.

And if you have any stories about plans gone awry, I'd love to hear them.




No comments:

Post a Comment