Friday, August 8, 2014

Inked

The deed is done and I am now the proud owner of a new tattoo. I'm really pleased with how it came out. Since this tattoo was on my forearm,  I was able to watch the artist at work for the first time. It was fascinating to see her transform a simple stenciled shape into a work of art. Seeing the difference between how lines and shading are created, watching the tattoo take shape and being able to ask questions because I could see what was happening from moment to moment, all made this a very unique experience. I already know that some of these details will be making their way into Wilde Ink, which I'm currently writing.



The design is based on the scroll "fertility tattoo" given to women in the 3013 series I write with Laurie Roma. Of course, those women have the tattoo by their eye, but I opted for my arm instead. This way I can see it whenever I want without needing a mirror. Now if I could just find a couple of fine fellows to claim I could get a matching one on my other arm, life would be perfect....
Ah well, a girl can dream!  




No comments:

Post a Comment