Wednesday, October 8, 2014

An attitude of gratitude


This October marks my second anniversary as a published author, and since Canadian Thanksgiving is this coming weekend, it seems a good time to be reflect back and be thankful for everything that's come my way in the last two years. 

Holy cow, do I have a lot to be thankful for.

Since Siren accepted my first book back in August, 2012, my life has changed in ways I never imagined. My nineteenth book will be coming out at the end of this month. I have readers and a growing fan base that constantly humble and amaze me with their support, their questions, and their enthusiasm for my books. I have gained some incredible friends, met and spoken to authors whose books i have enjoyed for years, learned so much about my craft, (including how much I still have to learn,) and been part of something utterly wonderful and often crazy.

There have been surprises too, some good, some bad, but all in all it's been another incredible year. I've gained far more than I've lost, and as I prepare to begin my third year as a proud romance novelist, I can only hope that this wild ride continues for years to come. 

To everyone who has come with me on this journey, who has supported me and my writing, thank you. I am blessed to have connected with each of you, in person, by email, in "the real world" or simply because you've enjoyed reading my stories. 

I love my life.

Thank you for helping me get to live it this way. I couldn't do it without you.


P.S.

There's one other thing I'm thankful for. This year, my father has relented. There will be no attempt to cook a turkey. We are avoiding the Hayes family traditional "turkastrophe" and going out for dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment