Thursday, January 14, 2016

One of those weeks...



The fault, dear reader, is not in the stars, 
but in Mercury, that we are in chaos. 

The last few days have been a neverending series of odd phone calls, misfortunes, and strange coincidences sprinkled with random dustings of flat out pandemonium. At first I thought it was just me, but conversations around the office led me to realize that I wasn't the only one suffering through some strange times and bad luck. The more people I talked to, the more tales of woe and weirdness I heard. And then someone mentioned that Mercury was in retrograde and it all started to make sense. My bad week was the fault of a planet hanging out in a bad neighbourhood, causing havoc. 

Things got so bad this morning that my poor cat became a victim of the weirdness. Every morning she hops up on my bathroom counter to observe (and occasionally critique) as I do my hair and makeup in preparation for going to work. This morning, she and I managed to miss a beat in our little "shift and make room" dance and as a result, she, my hairspray, and a number of other items went flying off the counter. My poor Daisy-mae went crashing to the floor, got herself up and fled before I could do more than yelp in startled fright. As it turned out, her pride was the only thing truly injured, but it took us both a few minutes to calm our frazzled nerves. (Apparently kitty cookies help in such cases, she was much better after having a few treats.) 

If this day gets any weirder, I'm going to be following my cat's advice and going for the cookies. ALL of the cookies. If nothing else, cookies are a fine bait for summoning my muse. She has been playing hooky the last few days and I need the fickle creature to come back. The words come so much easier when she's whispering in my ear. 

Have any of you been feeling the affects of Mercury? Has your chaos level gone up?  

Well, hell. While I was writing this, my dentist phoned. Having already survived a temporary crown fitting and two fillings this week, they wanted to know if I was interested in having the other two fillings done before my cleaning tomorrow. Two freezings in one week? How could I say no.  *headdesk*

Is this week over yet? 



No comments:

Post a Comment