Tuesday, January 26, 2016

You're never too old to play dress up

I've always loved Halloween and costumes. Any excuse to transform into someone or something else. It's fun, it's silly, and it appeals to the same part of my nature who decided that blue hair was a good way to go. (Sorry Mum.)

When I attended Authors after Dark last year, I got to up my game a little. I went as a demoness to their Bump in the Night ball and had a great time looking at some of the other attendees incredible costumes. 

lesson learned during wearing of this outfit - spirit gum is evil and never comes off.


This year I'm attending TNEE in Atlanta in April, and I've been plotting my costume for months. The theme of the ball this year is Villians. It took me a while to decide who/what I was going to do, but now the costume pieces are starting to arrive and I have to say, I'm excited. My bosses are amused too, since I've had the bits and bobs all shipped to my work address for simplicity. They've been watching it all come together. 

What am I going as? I'm not ready to tell you yet, but I will give you all a hint - these little guys are part of my outfit. Random aside...it's amazing what you can find on ebay!




RTC has not one dress up event, but two! There's an 80's prom night theme and a cowboy theme this year. As a child of the 80's, I'm pretty sure I can recreate the look I proudly sported back then, all it takes is hairspray, mesh, neon colors and more hairspray! (and possibly a crimping iron...) 

If you are coming to any of the conventions I'm attending this year, make sure you're signed up with my Facebook Reader's group.  Anyone who's part of the group will be getting a special gift from me if they find me at either TNEE in Atlanta or RTC in Ottawa. 


No comments:

Post a Comment