Thursday, May 12, 2016

RTC 2016 - The Wrap up



I had the pleasure of attending my first Canadian-based romance author & reader convention this past weekend, and I had a blast! Eve Langlais put on a top notch event filled with amazing authors and the most enthusiastic readers a writer could hope to meet. 

I made new friends, found new readers and got to meet several of my readers face to face for the first time. I spent hours hanging out with my fellow authors (and trying not to fan girl when I found myself having dinner with the likes of Zoe York, Susan Stoker, Sadie Haller, and a host of other very talented writers. I was in great company all weekend, with a list of authors too long to mention, but they know who they are!) 

Speed Date an Author hosted by Kacey Hammill & Kali Willows

The Speed Date An Author event had to be one of my favourite memories, though to be honest the whole thing was a blur!  Ninety minutes of meeting and chatting with fifty or so readers for a minute or two at a time was a whirlwind adventure that left me with no voice and an ear-to-ear grin. 


S.E Smith was also at RTC, which meant I got to celebrate the release of Etched in Stone (Which is in Susan Smith's Kindle World) with her!  We had breakfast together and I could not have asked for a better launch day for my latest book. 


The "two Susan" breakfast with Susan Smith.

Our host was a bundle of energy all weekend, keeping everyone laughing and energized. She, along with her amazing staff, made sure everything ran smoothly (and fixed any hiccups along the way.)  


Bianca Sommerland, myself and the Awesome Eve Langlais on Western night

The book signing was a hit!  I picked up signed books from a few of my neighbouring authors, sold out of almost every book I brought with me, and got to meet even more readers.  One of my readers came all the way from Australia for this event, and she brought me a present!  (Thank you again, Jan!) It was so much fun that the time flew by and before I knew it, the signing was over. 

The 80's dinner was crazy fun, and the costumes took me right back to my teen years. (Lord, what were we thinking?!)  All in all, it was a fabulous, fun time and I hope Eve does it again next year. If she does, I know I'll be going back again.

To see more pictures, you can check out my album on Facebook.  


Me during a rare pause in the crowd during the book signing event

3 comments:

  1. And you got to hang out with me! *grins*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! (And I didn't fan girl all over you, either...) <3

      Delete
  2. I hope someone starts a convention near you because I'd love to travel to your side of the country and visit with you again!!

    ReplyDelete